Thanksgiving Marshmallow Rice Cereal Treats
Rice cereal treats are much more than a childhood favorite! You can dress these cute little squares up for a holiday (or two). If you’re looking for an easy Thanksgiving dessert to make for your turkey-day dinner, whip up a batch of these themed cereal treats. This recipe is simple enough for the kids to help you make, while being completely versatile. Serve them at home, take them to a friend’s for dinner or bring them to your child’s Thanksgiving party at school.
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the cinnamon. Mix it in thoroughly.
- Stir in the marshmallows slowly, while continuing to heat the pan.
- Turn the heat off and move the melted mix away (from the heat).
- Pour the cereal in. Mix the melted marshmallows through the cereal.
- Add one cup of the butterscotch chips (you can also substitute peanut butter chips – the idea is to get an autumn orange color). Stir them throughout.
- Grease a baking pan with butter.
- Spoon the marshmallow cereal mixture into the pan. Smooth it down evenly.
- Melt the other cup of chips in the microwave for approximately 45 seconds (microwaves vary, so it may take more or less time).
- Drizzle the melted chips over the tops of the marshmallow squares with a spoon.
- Cut the bars and serve.